Dear Church family,
As you most likely know, San Mateo County officials have now loosened the shelter-in-place restrictions for places of worship. This means that we are now able to resume in-person gatherings in our sanctuary while keeping certain restrictions in place.
We are moving forward and plan to reopen our building this Sunday (Oct. 4th at 10:30am). But we want to open the building in such a way that will demonstrate the love of God for our church family and for our So.City community. We understand that not being able to meet indoors for these last several months has been a real hardship for many in our Body. And while some of you are eager to reopen, others will be reluctant to jump back in right away. Interestingly our text for this Sunday includes these timely words to the church: “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly…” 1 Peter 4:7.
A great word for us as we navigate this transition with a heart for one another.
Here’s What to Expect:
- Currently, we can open our doors to 25% of our capacity. This means that we can have up to 60 people in attendance. (if we exceed this number we will need to go to two services)
- We will keep physical distancing (6 feet apart from individuals not a part of your own household)
- We will be wearing masks (we will have one available but encourage you to bring your own)
- There will be music but no singing or reciting scripture out loud for now.
- Kids will have a Sunday school program on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month and will stay in the Sanctuary the other Sundays. (Children’s Church will be outdoors as the weather permits)
- We ask that you enter through the main doors facing Orange Avenue and exit through the side doors on the parking lot side.
- We ask that we all show respect and restraint when greeting others. While we are a loving family who greets one another with great affection, please be mindful that others may not feel comfortable shaking hands or exchanging hugs at this time.
- There will be an offering basket available for your offering.
- Bathroom usage will be limited to one person at a time (except of course when parents need to help with their kids.
- We encourage anyone who is uncomfortable with in- person gathering and/or at risk to participate at home through our online service.
That’s it for now Church.
Stay anchored in Hope & we’ll see you soon!